Friday, September 01, 2006

SURPRISE SURPRISE!

before i begin, let me say.

OH MY GAHD.

I LOVE YOU GUYS TO BITS!!!

like seriously. BEST BIRTHDAY SURPRISE EVER!

okay this is how it went.

i remember talking to liben online last night. and HE DIDN'T DROP A SINGLE HINT. i was asking to see his phone and he said i'll see it in a week. i was thinking, i thought the surprise is sometime this week? but then again, liben being the blur fella we all know, probably didn't know about the surprise either. TURNS OUT I WAS SO WRONG! i was talking about whether we were going out today and he said he didn't think so. I WAS SO SAD!

and when i was about to sleep i was just thinking to myself, would they be coming to surprise me tmr? but then i either fell asleep right after, or simply dismissed the thought cos i remember what liben said, and what crystal said about having piano today!

HO HO HO.

the exciting part.

woke up this morning, heard my sister talking on the phone to someone and telling him/her i was asleep. so i said "no i'm not, pass me the phone." but she quickly put it down. something told me it'd be crystal soh harn wei. so i picked up the phone to check caller id and called back immediately. she picked it up and went very softly,"is this clare?" i was like,"NO IT'S PAMELA LOO. STUPID GIRL, CALL ME FOR WHAT!" hahahaha i'm sorry crystal ):

anyway she hung up the phone immediately and i thought she was mad or something. so i went back to sleep. about an hour later, i woke up again. AND GUESS WHAT HAPPENED!

I SAW A FACE.

A FAMILIAR HORRIBLE NOT-SO-NICE ONE.

A GUY'S FACE.

IN MY ROOM.

ON A FRIDAY MORNING.

I SCREAMED. LIKE REALLY," AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

MR TAN EE CHONG!

of all people, OH MY GAHD.

hahaha then there was laughter followed my many I'M SURE LAHs! and when i finally did regain composure, i made my way downstairs to find the hall oddly empty.

then i saw movement, near my front door. and went,"I'M SURE YOU ALL HIDE THERE LA!" and very foolishly went over, CLAD IN MY UNGLAM HOMERUN SHIRT AND ROUND-CUT FBT SHORTS.

and then i saw

A SILVER CAMERA staring straight at me from behind the sofa. we all know what happened next.

"AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

*pam collapses and falls on floor covering her pimply oily scarred face*

while the hall erupts in laughter and people emerge from their hiding places.

(uncut super unglam video's with mr zhang liben)

oh my goodness i still can't believe i fell for it even after miss crystal soh harn wei dropped like one hint every day about the surprise for the past 2 weeks.

yup so after changing out of my pyjamas we had cake (shall leave liben's side of his surprise to him) and they gave us each a present and a scrapbook!















NICE RIGHT!

thanks crystal so so so much for the late nights and getting pricked by needles! i'm so sorry for still screaming at you and all. you've no idea how touched i am! if not for the camera staring right into my ugly face (thanks liben) i think i would've cried! LOVE YOU BABE!

and THANKS EVERYONE for the lovely messages and pictures, for being in cahoots with crystal and working it out. YOU GUYS ROCK! oh my goodness I LOVE YOU ALL!

yup so we sat down and played good ol' pomelo. i lost one of the 2 games ): but i somehow got past truth or dare (i think we got distracted or something) hohoho.

then dear eechong had to leave for pw or something. realised i never thanked him so:

THANKS FOR THE SHOCK BUDDY! i hope my scream didn't impair your sense of hearing. but yeah i'm not exactly used to having GUYS in my room on friday mornings. and i don't exactly sleep very glam-ly so it ain't a nice sight to see. thanks anyway! i'll try and be less mean.

after some time we set off for cineleisure where we took neoprints and had lunch at the food court. then,

KBOX.

my favourite man. HAHA WHO AM I KIDDING! but it's liben aka birthday boy's hobby so we went! and it's the first time i actually had FUN!

mel's singing is like MEGA nice (note the choice of words. sounds familiar?) and liben's ain't too bad either (ahem you owe me for publicity). suat was good too, and chinyue? uh no comments la hor. hahahahaha kidding!

anyway so yes, we kboxed all afternoon and took neos again after that.

this post is soooo long. but the essence lies here!

THANKS CRYSTAL, SUAT, CHINYUE, LIBEN, MEL, SHARON, EECHONG, QIANHUA, CLARA, LILING, XUHUI AND MISS CHUA SO SO SO SO SO SO SOOO MUCH FOR ALL THE PLANNING AND HARD WORK. you guys have no idea how touched and thankful i am for friends like you! never had such a surprise before and i must say it's the best birthday i've had (though not on the actual day itself but who cares) i'm so glad God let us meet in Cambridge and gave us soo many memories to take away from this trip. most importantly, this special friendship that will hopefully last us a looong loong time. i'm sorry for the deafening screams and incessant I'M SURE LAHs and i promise to be a nicer friend!

I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO MUCH!

thanks again for the best birthday EVER (: